for this position
Solar Success Manager
We are looking to hire a Solar Success Manager (SSM) who will continue to build on that success. The successful candidate will strengthen our existing customer relationships, create a referral network, manage our social media platforms and foster a culture of positive communication.
Our company has invested and continues to invest heavily in customers who have expressed a direct interest in solar energy. A delighted and passionate customer will proudly tell their friends and family about their Sun Badger experience, and we rely on this for positive reviews and referrals. The better the customer experience, the more likely they are to give us a 5-star rating, write a positive review and refer us to new customer prospects.
We invest heavily in our brand and customer satisfaction. This is driven primarily by building a strong online presence in the markets where we operate, earning 5-star reviews, generating positive news about our company and maintaining a consistent online footprint on relevant third-party listing sites.
The SSM role begins with ensuring our strongest advocates, our existing customers, have the best installation experience they can have. The applicant will work closely with Project Management/Operations to achieve this, and directly with customers when the installation is completed to encourage reviews in a variety of review sites so that we stay relevant online. The SSM will manage the customer post-installation experience through our proprietary Sun Badger Solar app, drive direct referrals through our referral program, and create and manage events with the most successful installations and markets.
This is a direct marketing role, requiring excellent communication skills and a positive attitude. The role straddles the Project Management/Operations and Sales Teams, and reports to the SVP Marketing. Excellent written communication, personal presentation, and strong ability to speak on phone and videoconference are required. The applicant must be proficient in Mac and PC operating systems, MS Office and Google Suite applications, and be comfortable and able to learn new software applications. It should go without saying the applicant must be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
The Solar Success Manager will be a bridge between marketing, project management and service. Ideal candidates will have experience in a customer facing environment, working on social media platforms and creating marketing campaigns. The successful candidate will need to stay in-the-loop on all current projects in order to generate referrals and build new business. The SSM will work directly with homeowner and business customers throughout the installation process and when their solar system is activated. The SSM will also manage the proprietary Sun Badger Solar app, visualizing and helping implement continuous updates and improvements.
• Navigate customers through the solar process from sales through to project completion and especially during system start-up and the post installation process
• Facilitate a positive customer experience
• Promote overall positive and 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Solar Reviews and other third-party review sites
• Monitor and reply, when appropriate, to comments posted on Sun Badger Solar’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Reviews and other solar industry specific websites
• Build a referral network among existing customers and business partners. Drive measurable strategies and tactics to build a constant stream of referrals for new customers.
• Work regular business hours as needed, and occasional nights and weekends throughout the year
• Occasional travel to customer homes for close-out calls and monitoring set-up
• Work with internal and external teams to develop and execute marketing events and marketing communication campaigns, particularly on our social media platforms
• Serve as the initial point of contact for customer issues and concerns and coordinate with other internal teams to solve issues
• Consistently work as a customer advocate and champion of the customer’s success in navigating the interconnection process
• Actively partner with project management to provide a culture of positive communication
• Understand the process of going solar from products to interconnection
• Assist with customer on-boarding, including providing welcome emails and calls, pointing the customer to project communication systems and explaining next steps with a pre-designed template based on state and payment choice (cash or financing)
• Database management, a strong knowledge of MS Office or Google Suite software including Excel, Google Sheets and similar programs
• Email management platform experience preferred, as well
• Positive attitude
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong track record of customer communication and addressing customer needs
• One or more year’s experience in residential solar industry experience desired but not required
• Ability to provide strategic vision and tactical execution for marketing communication programs
• Demonstration of strong technical aptitude and proficiency with Mac products and software
• Ability to travel (up to 25 percent)
• Exceptional communication skills; ability to work in rapidly changing environment and comfort working independently
Location: Milwaukee Office
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on experience, with performance bonuses.
• Health Insurance
• 2 weeks paid vacation time off
• Reimbursement for all authorized travel expenses (applicant must have their own reliable car)
• Mobile phone plan and computer
• The first $100/month toward your phone and internet bill
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday