for this position
Solar Sales Manager
Sun Badger Solar is seeking an experienced, professional sales manager with a background in growing successful sales teams and a deep understanding of the residential solar market. This position will be a front-line management position, working in the field with sales consultants to educate customers and sell Sun Badger Solar’s solar panel installations and portfolio of products.
We are seeking an experienced leader that will motivate, train, and guide the team to consistent achievement of sales goals. You will be accountable for the combined performance of the team and for ensuring that the team reaches their monthly and annual targets.
A strong candidate will have a track record of proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training, development, & performance management), as well as direct sales experience to manage all aspects of the agreed KPI’s.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer and Sales Operations Manager to set and achieve quarterly and yearly revenue goals. This role requires the ability to train and evaluate sales consultants’ abilities, ensure the highest standards of sales skills and measurable sales results are being met. You must be able demonstrate highly accurate forecasting ability while mentoring existing sales consultants on improving pipeline forecasting and ultimately increase revenue.
Must have the ability to manage, motivate, and mentor a team of sales consultants to move opportunities through the entire sales process and to close sales, all while upholding our Sun Badger Solar’s values and way of doing business.
This person will actively sell a small number of jobs each month, as well. This will allow the candidate to stay active in the marketplace and understand trends and potential pitfalls.
• Use phone, email, text, and other various communication forms to communicate with potential and current solar customers
• Lead from the front by consistently producing quality business
• Represent Sun Badger Solar in an esteemed manner
• Learn and use CRM and other tools of the job.
• Become a proficient solar professional with an understanding of all aspects of the product
• Stay motivated and mange your time to achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue targets
• Travel to our various markets — 25%
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations
• Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
• Inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
• Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions.
• Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
• Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people and their tasks.
• High school diploma
• Eligible to work in United States
• Management: 1 year (Required)
• Sales Experience: 2 years (Required)
Location: Milwaukee Office
Job Type: Full-time
• Uncapped commission-based sales with salary base pay.
• Our standard is to maintain a per rep average of 4 sold monthly.
• Generous benefits package
• Health Insurance
• 2 weeks paid vacation time off
• Reimbursement for all authorized travel expenses (applicant must have their own reliable car)
• Mobile phone plan and computer
• The first $100/month toward your phone and internet bill
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday