for this position
Solar Field Marketing Representative
Sun Badger Solar is the fastest-growing residential solar panel installation company in the Midwest. We believe that everyone who owns their home should be able to produce their own electricity, become energy independent, and save money by going solar. Our customers are passionate about renewable energy. Sun Badger Solar is passionate about our customers. We provide best-in-class and best-in-value solar panel installations. For our work, our customers have made us the number one rated solar company in the Midwest (as rated by the independent review site, Solar Reviews).
Sun Badger Solar is looking for a Solar Field Marketing Representative who works at live events and visits homeowners to identify, inform and educate potential new customers to change the future of renewable energy.
On a typical day, you will…
- Travel to different neighborhoods and suburbs going door-to-door to inform homeowners about the benefits of solar energy.
- Work at consumer facing live events such as home remodeling shows.
- Educate customers using a presentation and other marketing materials that describe the benefits of solar energy and the superiority of equipment and service available from Sun Badger Solar.
- Qualify a homeowner is a good candidate for solar if they meet certain criteria.
- Convince homeowner prospects to schedule an appointment with a Solar Consultant using a script and other persuasive techniques.
- Travel by foot or automobile from one neighborhood to another.
- Follow up with promising customers who expressed interest earlier but were not ready for an appointment.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Work an assigned territory, often up to 30-50 houses or locations per day.
- Effectively utilize software on tablets and laptops to plan canvassing routes, track canvasser performance and log customer data.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Great organization skills
- Strong sales skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent computer skills and are tech-savvy
- A proven track record of success as a sales professional
- Intelligence with a powerful work ethic
- Commitment to being a TEAM PLAYER
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re offering:
- Competitive compensation based on your drive to succeed
- Flexible work schedule
- Exceptional training, support, and all the resources you need to be successful
- Competitive commission plan
Please submit your resume for consideration.
- Sales or Customer Service (1-3 years)
- Direct marketing of a consumer or homeowner product
Work Location: Milwaukee, WI
Paid Training: Yes
Typical hours: 9 am – 6 pm, Monday through Saturday (one day off during the week plus Sundays off)
Job Type: Seasonal, Full-time
Compensation: You will have opportunity to earn high pay, driven by your motivation. You will be paid $7.25/hr., plus commissions and generous bonus potential