for this position
Field Marketing Manager
Sun Badger Solar is the fastest-growing residential solar panel installation company in the Midwest. We believe that everyone who owns their home should be able to produce their own electricity, become energy independent, and save money by going solar. Our customers are passionate about renewable energy. Sun Badger Solar is passionate about our customers. We provide best-in-class and best-in-value solar panel installations. For our work, our customers have made us the number one rated solar company in the Midwest (as rated by the independent review site, Solar Reviews).
Sun Badger Solar is looking for a Field Marketing Manager who will build and lead a team of door-to-door field sales specialists to identify, inform and educate potential new customers and change the future of renewable energy.
On a typical day, you will…
- Oversee and manage the work of a team that conducts door-to-door marketing.
- Supervise canvassing campaigns for a specific neighborhood or territory.
- Hire, train, and manage field sales specialists, as well as plan the overall canvassing strategy.
- Travel to different neighborhoods and suburbs going door-to-door with your team to schedule appointments with homeowners interested in installing a solar energy array.
- Educate customers using a presentation and other marketing materials that describe the benefits of solar energy and the superiority of equipment and service available from Sun Badger Solar.
- Qualify a homeowner is a good candidate for solar if they meet certain criteria.
- Convince homeowner prospects to schedule an appointment with a Solar Consultant using a script and other persuasive techniques.
- Travel by foot or automobile from one neighborhood to another.
- Follow up with promising customers who expressed interest earlier but were not ready for an appointment.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Work an assigned territory, often up to 30-50 houses or locations per day.
- Effectively utilize software on tablets and laptops to plan canvassing routes, track canvasser performance and log customer data.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Great organization skills
- Strong sales skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent computer skills and are tech savvy
- A proven track record of success as a sales professional
- Intelligence with a powerful work ethic
- Commitment to being a TEAM PLAYER.
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re offering:
- Competitive compensation based on your drive to succeed
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
- Flexible benefits — choose what you like, ignore the rest
- Exceptional training, support, and all the resources you need to be successful
- Competitive commission plan
- Please submit your resume for consideration.
Experience: Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Milwaukee, WI
- Possible temporary assignments in other Midwestern or Florida cities
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Paid Training: Yes
Typical hours: 9 am – 6 pm, Monday through Saturday (one day off during the week plus Sundays off)
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 per year based on commissions.